Replacement Helidecks and Upgrades
Sembmarine SLP has many years’ experience of constructing helidecks for the oil and gas industry, for new build platforms, upgrades and complete replacements of existing helidecks on aging assets.
All new Sembmarine SLP helidecks are constructed to the latest internationally recognised codes and standards and are typically of aluminium construction, for example, UK CAA CAP 437 (7th Edition). We also upgrade existing helidecks to fully comply with these codes and standards.
Each helideck is designed to meet specific client and project requirements, and we can therefore offer many different options such as:
- Aluminium or structural steel supporting frameworks
- Deck Integrated Fire Fighting System (DIFFS) - seawater or foam
- Self-extinguishing helidecks utilising ‘Safedeck’ or ‘Firesafe’ technologies
- Helideck lighting, eg perimeter, floodlighting, wave-off, illuminated ‘H’ and walkway
- ‘Frictape’ landing nets
- Helideck access facilities fabricated from either aluminium or steel
- Lifesaving apparatus such as ‘crash boxes’, fireman’s equipment and portable extinguishers
All new helideck facilities are fully assembled and pre-commissioned in our Lowestoft facility prior to sail away on a new build platform, or loading directly onto a transport barge or supply vessel for delivery to an existing offshore installation.
For replacement helidecks and upgrades, Sembmarine SLP can also carry out the offshore ‘destruct’ work and preparation on the existing platforms offering a complete ‘turnkey package’.