Sembmarine SLP Continue Charitable Giving
– 23rd October 2018
In October 2018 Sembmarine SLP donated just over £16,000 in charitable funds for local and national charities and causes.
The charitable donations are made possible through SOS scheme which encourages employees, contractors and visitors to keep safety conscious and actively look out for unsafe acts or conditions and also positive activities and to take action to prevent accidents and incidents occurring. In return SLP contribute to a charity fund as a reward for safe working. SLP clients are also encouraged to contribute and Maersk Oil UK (MOUK), whose Power Generation Module and two bridge links SLP recently completed constructing for the Culzean Field Development, have supported SLP to top up the fund.
SLP employees, subcontractors and clients were asked to nominate local charities or causes which they wanted to see benefit from the scheme. The charities chosen included:
- Star Throwers – a local cancer support charity for people affected by cancer to take back control of their journey by raising awareness and understanding their treatment options.
- Steve Green – a local 33 year old married father living with an aggressive grade 4 incurable brain tumour looking to undergo a treatment only available privately in Germany.
- Taylor High Memorial Fund – A charity set up in memory of Elaine and Gary High’s son who died as a passenger in a traffic collision aged 19. The charity helps people in need, in ill health or living with a disability within a 20-mile radius of Lowestoft.
- James Hutchinson (Huggy) – A former Sembmarine SLP employee who has been diagnosed with a large tumour on the brain. The donation will help Huggy and his family through this difficult time.
- Alzheimer’s Society – A local family are dealing with the effects of an Alzheimer’s diagnosis and have set up a fund to raise money to go into research, raise awareness and give support to the thousands of people living with Alzheimer’s.
- Harry’s Exxxxtraordinary Journey – A little boy born with a rare chromosome abnormality which affects just 1 in 85,0000 to 100,000 boys, Harry has special needs the extend of which are yet unknown.
- East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) – EACH launched an appeal to build a new children’s hospice in East Anglia which will be available to children and their families in Norfolk and Waveney.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance – to assist with the ongoing cost of running the air ambulance service charitable donations are an integral part of keeping the ambulance flying.
- RNLI – the local lifeboat crew work tirelessly to keep our coast a safe place and rely on donations to enable them to continue to save lives at sea.
- The Firefighters Charity – a charity dedicated to supporting sick or injured people and their families from across the fire community.
- Children with Cancer UK – a charity set up specifically to help children and their families living with cancer. They invest in vital specialist research to save the lives of children and keep families together.
Latest Case studies
In September 2015 Sembmarine SLP was awarded the contract to carry out the construction of the Power Generation Module (PGM) and Bridge Links for the Maersk Oil Culzean project development in the North Sea.
The offshore facility has been designed, engineered, procured and constructed in Sembmarine SLP’s Lowestoft yard and includes suction bucket technology, a first for an offshore substation in UK waters. Part of Statoil’s £1.5 billion Dudgeon Offshore Wind Farm project to power more than 410,000 UK homes, the structures have been designed to meet exacting specifications.