Careers and jobs at Sembmarine SLP
Sembmarine SLP provides a truly international, multicultural working environment where the exchange of ideas is encouraged and innovation thrives.
Our business activities offer exciting vacancies at Sembmarine SLP across a wide range of jobs and career paths and every one of our people has a role to play in driving our business forward. Whatever your professional background and whatever your ambitions for your future career, we are confident that you can find the right job at Sembmarine SLP.
Even when we have no current vacancies we're always on the lookout for talented individuals, specifically in the areas of; engineering, project management, safety, commercial, finance and more. So, if you excel in your discipline and like the look of us, then we'd love to hear from you. Simply complete our application form and upload the form opposite to register your interest and should anything suitable come up we may get in touch.
Sembmarine SLP Ltd is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone with whom it or its employees come into contact.
We recognise that the provision of equal opportunities is not only good management practice in the workplace, it is also sound business sense in the world at large. It ensures a healthy working environment and encourages good and productive relationships.
As part of Sembmarine SLP Ltd’s on-going commitment, we aim to communicate the dedication and commitment of the Managing Director and Senior Management Team to the promotion and protection of equality of opportunity both within Sembmarine SLP Ltd and in all its external relationships.
Unsolicited Phone Calls
Sembmarine SLP Ltd also has a strict policy on unsolicited contact including phone calls from recruitment agencies. This includes direct contact with business Managers and Directors. Unsolicited phone calls are likely to reflect poorly on agencies and are likely to mitigate against their inclusion on our Preferred Supplier List.
At Sembmarine SLP Ltd we are committed to sourcing our candidates as vacancies arise and as such we do not accept speculative CV's from any source. Sembmarine SLP Ltd will not accept any terms relating to unsolicited CVs sent from suppliers direct to our business. All recruitment is coordinated through the Human Resources Department only.
We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support in sourcing candidates for particular roles, but, in line with our PSL. As such we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by the Human Resources Department. We therefore do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's or emails are submitted to our business including submissions via email, our Company website or social media.
If you would like to be included in any future reviews of our PSL, please email HR@sembmarineslp.com
Responsible for the successful execution of all aspects of the Project including safety performance, profit / loss, cash flow, delivery schedule, quality, final handover and client satisfaction. Managing the project team and project activities in compliance with the company policy, procedures and legislation and requirements of the Contract.
- Implementation of the Company Compliance, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Contract documents, scope of work, payment schedule, delivery schedule and key milestone requirements.
- Responsible for the project budget, commercial reporting, invoicing, cost forecasting and the commercial performance of the project.
- Work in harmony with the respective Department Heads to ensure that a high caliber project team is appointed to support the project requirements advising Department Heads of respective budgets and staffing requirements.
- Responsible to ensure that the detailed project execution plan and detailed planning documents are agreed and issued and for the successful achievements of targets.
- Responsible for ensuring good communications within the project team, corporate groups, sub-contractors and suppliers and the client.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining good client relations.
- Maintain good standards of team spirit.
Education, Training and Work Qualifications
- Degree / HND minimum or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the offshore construction industry and experience in a similar capacity.
- Educated to a good standard of literacy and numeracy.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical, commercial and contractual data.
- Ability to write project reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and staff.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts at an advanced level.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Plan ahead and anticipate obstacles before they become problems. Communicate the plans to colleagues and ensure the plans are adhered to.
- Lead the development and implementation of plans regarding the management of people, assets and other resources in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Lead, plan and monitor project initiatives and innovation to ensure continuous improvements are achieved.
- Allocate work, performance manage and provide development opportunities for all members of the project team and ensure that they work efficiently and effectively.
- Work with colleagues to set achievable objectives and meet those objectives.
Project Construction Manager
The efficient operation, management and administration of the day to day running of the Project. To ensure that the project is delivered safely, to schedule (on-time), cost and to the contract quality requirements.
The importance of on-time delivery of the projects must be fully understood and appreciated which shall be achieved by effective communication. The day to day briefing, supervision and management of the practical activities of the discipline teams and sub-contractors to enable effective and successful completion of the project, within allocated safety, cost, schedule and quality parameters.
The Project Construction Managers are responsible to the Production Manager, also reporting to the Project Manager and are required to:
- Uphold the SLP Compliance Policy for quality, health, safety and the environment.
- Assume full responsibility for all aspects of construction within their nominated project.
- Ensure that they and the persons within their control work in accordance with the requirements of specifications, standards, procedures and compliance plans.
- Develop definitive construction build methods for their assigned project utilising the parameters defined within the tender documents.The build method will take into account all known aspects of the project:
- Program requirements
- Design information
- Equipment schedule
- Space restraints
- Safety and environmental
- Lowest cost
- Ensure that all Discipline Field Engineers produce 4-week look-ahead updated every 2 weeks to reflect the Contract Program requirements.
- Chair Weekly Construction Meetings attended by Discipline Field Engineers and representatives from Engineering, Materials, Quality, subcontractors and clients (if required), to review progress, materials, equipment, engineering and construction relative to the 4- week and 8-week look-ahead requirements.
Chair a daily morning meeting (15-20 minutes maximum) held in the site office. All disciplines and subcontractors should be represented.
The agenda will cover the following:
- Potential clashes of activities or resource requirements
- Scaffold and rigging requirements
- General access
- Labour status
- Safety, environment and quality
- Status of short term project requirements.
- Potential areas of concern
Co-ordinate mechanical completion in order to meet the commissioning program.
Assess project labour requirements, agree with the Production Manager all requirements to fulfil the 4-week and 8-week look-ahead programs.
- Ensure risk assessments are completed.
- Participate in regular safety, quality and environmental audits when appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within his nominated project in accordance with the requirements of Company procedures.
- Ensure that good communications are maintained on the project. Project target results are to be communicated through to all supervision and labour.
- Identify the requirements for project heavy lifts. (Heavy lift calculations and method statements will be produced by engineering or specialist contractors, and approved by the project prior to issue and agreed with safety prior to lifting).
- Ensure that all Company lifting operations are carried out in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Prepare reports for Project Management and attend the Project Weekly Meetings.
- Recommend Improvements to manufacturing techniques. Critically review previous projects and work with the Production Manager, Project Engineers and staff to uncover reasons for failings and aim to rectify for future occasions.
- To recommend to the Production Manager any requirements for manufacturing equipment purchase.
- Production efficiency improvement. Undertake a continuous critical review of what we do and how we do it. Challenge existing ways of doing things in order to seek continuous improvement - be innovative and challenge the entire team to think and work in the same way.
Education, Training and Work Qualifications
HNC or NVQ qualified in engineering discipline or be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a construction environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership, managers, workshop managers, discipline managers, supervisors, labour, union representatives and clients.
- Ability to develop building methods, detailed production schedules, manpower and plant estimates at the tender stage and follow through to project completion.
- Ability to fit into project construction teams and to share the same objectives ie to execute the work in a timely manner, safely, efficiently and within budget.